iFi micro iDSD Black Label
iFi micro iDSD Black Label
EQ: Our 3D+ Holographic® dual-analogue matrices create a more immersive, deeper soundstage that puts the artist with you in the room, not just in your headphones.
XBass+® analogue bass correction system corrects headphone/speaker bass response to deliver a deep, tight and prodigious bass.
Hi-Res Audio: True Native® playback of all music formats from MP3 to DSD512, PCM768 and 2xDXD.
DAC: Hear music as the artist intended. The Burr-Brown True Native® chipset means file formats remain unchanged for the truest sound.
Output: Power and style.
With output power at 4,000mW, the headphpone amplifier in this iFi powerhouse drives headphones with style and aplomb.
Plus with three power output modes, Eco, Normal and Turbo, power and gain can be dialed-in perfectly to suit ALL headphones.
Capacitor: Os-Cons, originally from Sanyo (now taken over by Panasonic), have been used in AMR components up to the revered CD-77 Reference Class CD Processor.
Despite costing ten times more than that of common electrolytic capacitors, the micro iDSD Black Label is one of the first products to cost less than US$1000 to feature them.
Op-Amp: Top-notch operational amplifier. This is iFi/AMR quality at its best. The 'OV' ICs are streets ahead of mainstream commercial chips and use HCOFC copper lead-frames and 4N gold bond-wire.
Most commercial amplifiers use inexpensive aluminium bond-wire and low- grade/low-cost copper in lead frames.
Battery: Hi-Res on the go, go go!
Even with the hungry Hifi Man HE-6 or Sennheiser IE-800, enjoy your music for up to 12 hours.
Remember your first gig?
Remember the beat kicking in, the feeling as the adrenaline hit and how everything, right there, right then felt like Utopia?
The micro iDSD Black Label takes you back to your very first time.
Feel the power.
Our flagship DAC looks awesome at home, but it’s even cooler when you’re out and about.
And with up to twelve hours of battery life, you can show off your musical chops – with enough power left over to charge your mobile phone.
Now, you weren’t expecting that!
The tech spec.
The micro iDSD Black Label is loaded with the latest technology, including:
X-Bass+ To clean up and restore a rich, deep bass line
3D+ To recreate live stage atmosphere
If you’ve been searching for the pinnacle of sound, you’ve found it.
Inputs (rear): USB 2.0 type A “OTG” Socket (with iPurifier® technology built-in) Compatible with computers (Apple/Win/Linux), iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Android Devices, camera kit or USB-OTG cable required. (Full USB3.0 port compatible)
Intelligent SPDIF® Coaxial / SPDIF Optical: 3 Way combo SPDIF port (Coaxial In/Out; Optical In); Up to 192kHz PCM
Outputs (rear): Audio RCA L+R / Intelligent SPDIF® Coaxial: Up to 192kHz PCM
Output (right side): SmartPower® Socket: Fast charge all portable devices. Compliant with USB Battery Charging Standard 1.2 – 5V @ 1.5A
– HP Output: Audio 6.3mm Headphone Jack
– Volume with Power On/Off switch: Precision analogue volume control: <2dB Tracking error
– 3.5mm Input: Auto disable the digital section when this is in use
– X-Bass®: On/Off
– 3D Holographic Sound®: On/Off: Auto-switching for Speakers® and Headphones® (two separate and distinct circuits)
Controls (left side)
– Power Mode: Turbo, Normal, Eco: Computer controlled power and gain scaling
– Polarity: Normal/Inverted
– Filter: 3 positions, 6 filters: (see filter section below)
– Line Direct/PreamplifierPreamplifier function Enable/Disable, 0/9dB gain selectable: Fixed 2V or variable with up to 5V available
– iEMatch®: Perfect-matching circuit for IEMs (eliminate hiss): Off / High Sensitivity Headphone / Ultra Sensitivity Headphone
DAC: Dual-core DSD, DXD, PCM DAC by Burr Brown: 2-DAC Chip; 4-Channel; 8-Signals, custom interleaving for maximum SNR
Bit-Perfect DSD processing, Bit-Perfect PCM processing
Clock: Ultra low jitter GMT computer controlled Femto Clock: RMS jitter 12kHz – 1MHz < 280 Femtoseconds
Audio Formats: DSD 512/256/128/64/24.6/22.6/12.4/11.2/6.2/5.6/3.1/2.8: All native decoding, no internal hardware conversion
DXD 2x/1x 768/705.6/384/352.8kHz: All native decoding, no internal hardware conversion
PCM 768/705.6/384/352.8/192/176.4/96/88.2/48/44.1kHz: All native decoding, no internal hardware conversion
– PCMBit-Perfect Processing/Minimum Phase/Standard: Digital filters selectable
– DSD: Extreme/Extended/Standard Range: Analogue filters selectable
– DXDBit-Perfect Processing: Fixed analogue filter
Specifications (DAC Section)
Dynamic Range (Line): >117db(A)
THD & N (0dBFS Line): <0.003%
Output Voltage (Line): >2V
Output Impedance (Zout): < 240Ω
Jitter (correlated): Below AP2 test set limit
Headphone Power Output
HP Amp Output: Power (max)Power (continuous.)
– Turbo mode: 10.0V/4,000 mW @ 16 Ohm: >1560 mW @ 64 Ohm / > 166 mW @ 600 Ohm
– Normal mode: 5.5V/1,900 mW @ 16 Ohm: > 950 mW @ 32 Ohm / > 100 mW @ 300 Ohm
– Eco mode: 2.0V/500 mW @ 8 Ohm: > 250 mW @ 16 Ohm
Specifications (Headamp Section)
Dynamic Range (HP): >115dB(A) (Eco Mode, 2V Out)
THD &N (HP 500mW/16R): < 0.008%
Output Voltage (HP): >8V (Turbo Mode)
Output Impedance (Zout): <1Ω (iEMatch not engaged)
Maximum Output Power: 4,000mW @ 16 Ohm Load: when using sinewave testing the iDSD micro may engage protection circuits
Continuous Output Power1,000mW @ 64 Ohm Load
Micro iDSD BL main accessories
3.5mm rubber feet
USB A Female > B Female Cable
Caps for RCA sockets
USB3.0 A MALE > A FEMALE
Label of battery charging
6.35 > 3.5 adapter
3.5 male > male cable
USB A Female > B Female Adapter